Re: [XSL-FO] FOP: Will not process large file

  • Peter B. West
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
      jasmine2501@... wrote:
      > I checked out Lunasil, but to be honest, I would like to get away from using java-based stuff altogether. We are a Microsoft shop, with backend mainframes and such. Integrating the COBOL files from the mainframes is enough work for me right now, and the .NET stuff seems to work pretty well. I have done a .NET object in C# which creates the 21MB FO file I spoke of, and it does the database call (9400 rows X about 1K each row), and the transformation, inserting the data into the FO template, in like 3 seconds. What I would really like is a .NET or COM compatible PDF creator, but I have been unable to find one except for Crystal Reports, which sucks. That's why we're using FOP in the first place. It is funky though because I have to do a call out to the FOP servlet which runs in Apache Tomcat. I would like to be able to just create an instance of an object and control it from my C# program, but have not been able to find anything capable of this. If anyone has any suggestions

      > would greatly appreciate it.
      >
      > Have a groovy day y'all,
      > Jasmine

      Jasmine,

      Oh dear, getting away from Java! Have you looked at AltSoft's
      (commercial) offering?

      As for processing large files in FOP, check the size of your
      page-sequences. Do you have one large page-sequence? If so, see if
      generating the file as a series of small page-sequences will work. If
      not, I am out of suggestions.

      I'm currently working on a project <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>
      which will handle large files. When I have something to show, I'll post
      here.

      Peter

      --
      Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
      Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>

    • Olivier Collioud
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
        http://www.princexml.com ?

        >>> jasmine2501@... 3/11/05 2:58:12 AM >>>
[...]
        anything capable of this. If anyone has any suggestions I!
        would greatly appreciate it.

        Have a groovy day y'all,
        Jasmine

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ------
        World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer:

        This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and
        copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail
        by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
        e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments
        are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.
      • Werner Donné
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
          Jasmine,

          XEP from RenderX is also available for .NET.

          Regards,

          Werner.

          --
          Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
          Engelbeekstraat 8
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
            I would recommend to take a look at Altsoft Xml2PDF
            (http://alt-soft.com/products_xml2pdf_download.jsp). Based on my experience
            it is one of the most compliant .NET formatters for XSL-FO.

            Best regards,
            Victor Vishnyakov
            http://xslfo-zone.com/