Static content not appearing correctly on alternating pages

  • Jasmine
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
      I am really confused by this, because it was working yesterday and I
      didn't change any of the FO associated with it, I only changed some of
      the data in the <block>'s. Changing the data back to what it was
      yesterday does not fix the problem. I looked at my FO documentation
      and found some info on even-odd page stuff, but nothing that applies
      to this situation. I have static content which is supposed to
      appear on all the pages, consisting of the words "Client List", a
      graphic, and a table with my column headings for the dynamic content.
      The following FO is rendering the words "Client List" and some of the
      column headings on the odd numbered pages. The graphic is appearing on
      all the pages, and some of the column headings are appearing on all
      the pages. The static footer appears on all the pages. I could not see
      any difference between these sections, and I definitely didn't say
      anything in the code about treating even and odd pages differently.
      What is going on here? I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could
      point me to something that can lock down this stuff and make it the
      same on all pages? I am using FOP to render to PDF. Here is the code
      (not all of it, but the important part is here - it's just too long):

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="all" page-height="210mm"
      page-width="297mm" margin-top="0mm" margin-left="16mm"
      margin-right="16mm">
      <fo:region-before extent="40mm"/>
      <fo:region-body margin-top="41mm" margin-bottom="16mm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="15mm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <!-- page sequences -->
      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="all">
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="serif"
      font-size="16pt">CLIENT LIST</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align="end">
      <fo:external-graphic src="C:\Projects\Blue Shield\BSCLogo.jpg"
      height="11mm" width="59mm" padding="0.5mm"/>
      </fo:block>
      <!-- Producer name block -->
      <fo:table height="14mm">
      <fo:table-column column-width="32mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="202mm"/>
      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Helvetica"
      font-size="10pt">Client list report for:</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Helvetica"
      font-size="10pt">
      MET LIFE
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Helvetica"
      font-size="10pt"/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Helvetica"
      font-size="10pt">as of 10/19/2005.
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
      <!-- Column headings-->
      <fo:table background-color="BLACK" padding="1mm">
      <fo:table-column column-width="37mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="37mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="26mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="32mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="12mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="12mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="10mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="15mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="15mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="12mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="12mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="12mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="17mm"/>
      <fo:table-column column-width="17mm"/>
      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row height="3mm" font-size="6pt"
      font-family="Helvetica" color="white">
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>CERTIFICATE NUMBER</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>LAST NAME</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>FIRST NAME</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>PLAN NAME</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>YOUTH</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>REGION</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>PHASE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>PREVIOUS</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>CURRENT</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>TIER</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>DENTAL</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>LIFE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>BILLING</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>BILLING</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row height="3mm" font-size="6pt"
      font-family="Helvetica" color="white">
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>(SUBSCRIBER I.D.)</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>CARE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>MEMBER</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>MONTHLY</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>MONTHLY</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>VOL</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>TYPE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>FREQUENCY</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row height="3mm" font-size="6pt"
      font-family="Helvetica" color="white">
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>ADDRESS</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>ADDRESS2</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>CITY</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>STATE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>ZIP</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>PHONE #</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>RATE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block>RATE</fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
      </fo:static-content>
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-size="6pt">~ Indicates an
      Individual Conversion Plan (ICP) or a non-marketed plan. Contact
      Producer Services for tier information regarding these plans.</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-size="6pt">^ Indicates an Active
      Choice Plan 600 member. This plan with be withdrawn effective January
      1, 2006. Member will need to select another plan to maintain coverage.
      This data does not reflect transfers requested, but not yet
      effective.</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-size="6pt">* Information not
      available as of 10/31/05. Please contact Producer Services at (800)
      559-5905 for further information regarding these plans.</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align="left" font-size="6pt">x Underwritten by Blue
      Shield of California Life <fo:character character="&"/> Health
      Insurance Company (Blue Shield Life).</fo:block>
      <fo:block text-align="end" font-size="6pt">
      Page - <fo:page-number/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
        Jasmine wrote:
        > I am really confused by this, because it was working yesterday and I
        > didn't change any of the FO associated with it, I only changed some of
        > the data in the <block>'s. Changing the data back to what it was
        > yesterday does not fix the problem. I looked at my FO documentation
        > and found some info on even-odd page stuff, but nothing that applies
        > to this situation. I have static content which is supposed to
        > appear on all the pages, consisting of the words "Client List", a
        > graphic, and a table with my column headings for the dynamic content.

        You should probably take a look at
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#table-omit-footer-at-break

        > The following FO is rendering the words "Client List" and some of the
        > column headings on the odd numbered pages. The graphic is appearing on
        > all the pages, and some of the column headings are appearing on all
        > the pages. The static footer appears on all the pages. I could not see
        > any difference between these sections, and I definitely didn't say
        > anything in the code about treating even and odd pages differently.
        > What is going on here? I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could
        > point me to something that can lock down this stuff and make it the
        > same on all pages? I am using FOP to render to PDF.

        Check the error output/logs for a message like "some static content did
        not fit". You probably have a content overflow in the header, which
        triggers a number of FOP bugs. You can avoid this by increasing the
        extent of the region-before, or reducing the content height.

        J.Pietschmann
      • Prakash R
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2005
          Can someone have a “box” (eg: table cell) set to a
          specific height and width and say to have an image
          scale to the size of that box??

          If images are taller than the height, then scale by
          height. But if images are wider than the widths, then
          scale by width. But if both height and width are
          higher, then scale it such that the image fits in the
          box but still maintains its aspect ratio.

          Thank you.
          Prakas