Fonts in XSL.

  • Gerardo Contreras
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6 8:56 AM
      Hi everyone:
      This is my first message, im a new member of this group, and i want to start with a simple question:

      I have the folowing code:

      <fo:table-cell text-align="center" font-family="Arial">

      <fo:block text-align="center">

      <fo:block text-align="center" font-size="12pt" font-weight="bold" line-height="5mm" margin-top="2mm">

      <xsl:value-of select="MEMBRETE/TITULO"/>

      </fo:block>

      </fo:block>

      </fo:table-cell>

      but when i run de XSL transformation, XML spy gives me an error, and the font remains the same.

      this is the error: "[ERROR] unknown font Arial,normal,normal, so defaulted font to any ".

      I've been reading that FO soports only the 14 regular fonts of the acrobat PDF.

      Anyone knows wich fonts are these?

      Help, please

      Atte. Gerardo.

      PD: Forgive my english.....

    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6 12:09 PM
        Gerardo Contreras wrote:
        > but when i run de XSL transformation, XML spy gives me an error, and the font remains the same.
        > this is the error: "[ERROR] unknown font Arial,normal,normal, so defaulted font to any ".
        > I've been reading that FO soports only the 14 regular fonts of the acrobat PDF.

        The XSLFO spec doesn't specify which fonts are supported. However, a
        specific XSLFO processor may have restrictions and require additional
        configuration in order to support your preferred font.

        You might want to check the XML spy documentation, in particular
        http://www.altova.com/manual2005/StyleVision/StyleVisionEnterprise/xsltpdffonts.htm
        (Googling for "pdf fonts" might have helped you to find this)

        > Anyone knows wich fonts are these?

        See for example
        http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/fonts/getting/

        J.Pietschmann
      • Ken Sands
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7 3:28 AM
          You need to create xml font definitions for extra fonts, in fop this is
          simple

          You just run java -cp "../fop-0.20.5/build/fop.jar;
          ../fop-0.20.5/lib/xercesImpl.jar;../fop-0.20.5/lib/xalan.jar"
          org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi C:/WINNT/FONTS/Arial.TTF
          C:/WINNT/FONTS/Arial.xml

          I put it in a modified version of fop's startup batch file, this only
          needs to be run once and then
          Add the following to your userconfig.xml file to run with fop

          I imagine its' similar for other processors.

          Ken.

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          --

          Scanned by mailCritical.
          --

          The DSI Group of Companies
          International House, Barlow Way,

          This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in your possession.
        • Gerardo Contreras