Re: JFOR - XSL:FO to RTF converter

  • dixonterry
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
      Yes - I'm interested in producing RTF from XSL-FO but I have not had a
      lot of success with JFOR. Some JAVA code examples would be useful but
      I've not found any. Almost everything about JFOR points to
      www.jfor.org which no longer exists.

      There is a product XMLmind which purports to do XSF-FO to RTF but I
      can't say I know anything about it.

      Terry

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "xslfast_stefan" <stefan.h@s...> wrote:
      > First question:
      > I want to test the JFOR tool to generate RTF documents. Has anybody a
      > batch file or the command line to start the converter?
      >
      > Second question:
      > Is the jFor Project stopped? The website www.jfor.org does not exists.
      >
      > Third question:
      > Exists other XSL:fo to RTF converter in the market?
      >
      > Thanks for the support
      > Stefan
    • Andreas Jung
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
        Forget Jfor..it sucks and seems to be unmaintained. Try XFC from
        XMLmind.com. We are using it in production to generate RTF from HTML (via
        csstoxslfo). It just works...never had any problems with XFC.

        -aj

        --On 1. Oktober 2005 07:58:59 +0000 dixonterry <terry.dixon@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
          JFOR has been integrated into FOP. The RTF output from FOP has been improved
          since JFOR was integrated into FOP and is actively maintained.

          Chris

          >From: "dixonterry" <terry.dixon@...>
          >
          >Yes - I'm interested in producing RTF from XSL-FO but I have not had a
          >lot of success with JFOR. Some JAVA code examples would be useful but
          >I've not found any. Almost everything about JFOR points to
          >www.jfor.org which no longer exists.
          >
          >There is a product XMLmind which purports to do XSF-FO to RTF but I
          >can't say I know anything about it.
          >
          >Terry
          >
          >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "xslfast_stefan" <stefan.h@s...> wrote:
          > > First question:
          > > I want to test the JFOR tool to generate RTF documents. Has anybody a
          > > batch file or the command line to start the converter?
          > >
          > > Second question:
          > > Is the jFor Project stopped? The website www.jfor.org does not exists.
          > >
          > > Third question:
          > > Exists other XSL:fo to RTF converter in the market?
          > >
          > > Thanks for the support
          > > Stefan

        • dixonterry
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
            I use FOP all the time to produce PDFs. How do I get an RTF out of
            FOP? I must have missed something because I haven't seem it documented.

            Terry

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bowditch" <bowditch_chris@h...>
            wrote:
            > JFOR has been integrated into FOP. The RTF output from FOP has been
            improved
            > since JFOR was integrated into FOP and is actively maintained.
            >
            > Chris
            >
            > >From: "dixonterry" <terry.dixon@o...>
            > >
            > >Yes - I'm interested in producing RTF from XSL-FO but I have not had a
            > >lot of success with JFOR. Some JAVA code examples would be useful but
            > >I've not found any. Almost everything about JFOR points to
            > >www.jfor.org which no longer exists.
            > >
            > >There is a product XMLmind which purports to do XSF-FO to RTF but I
            > >can't say I know anything about it.
            > >
            > >Terry
            > >
            > >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "xslfast_stefan" <stefan.h@s...> wrote:
            > > > First question:
            > > > I want to test the JFOR tool to generate RTF documents. Has
            anybody a
            > > > batch file or the command line to start the converter?
            > > >
            > > > Second question:
            > > > Is the jFor Project stopped? The website www.jfor.org does not
            exists.

            > > > Third question:
            > > > Exists other XSL:fo to RTF converter in the market?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for the support
            > > > Stefan

          • Andreas Jung
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
              rtfm :-) there is an -rtf option...but the RTF support in FOP is really
              unusable. Instead of wasting your time you should look at XFC.

              -aj

              --On 2. Oktober 2005 02:33:56 +0000 dixonterry <terry.dixon@...>