font question

  • michael_rossotti@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001
      Hello everyone,
      I am relatively new to XSL-FO. I am using a FOP processor (I think
      that is the right way to say it) to create a PDF file from an XSL
      file and an XML file. The only problem I am having is getting it
      display an Mdash "—" (that is, the longer version of a regular
      dash "-"). I can copy/paste the — into my xsl file (much like I did
      for this post) but when I FTP the xsl file over to my unix machine
      and send it "through" the FOP processor, all the "—"s come out
      as "#"s. I think it might be becasue my font can't handle it, but I
      am not sure. I have also tried to find an escape character
      equivelant to — but have found none. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks a lot!
      Mike...