Re: [XSL-FO] Empty page-sequence

  • Werner Donné
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
      Thank you Christian,

      but is there anything in the spec that mandates this
      or has the implementation the freedom to make a choice?
      The spec says: "The fo:block formatting object generates
      one or more normal block-areas." So there is at least one
      area, which leads me to think a page should be started.
      But has the fact that the area is 0pt x 0pt any significance?

      Regards,

      Werner.

      --
      Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
      Engelbeekstraat 8
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
        h wrner,

        as far as i know, this has no significance.

        the block produces at least one page.

        page-height and page-width are page-master-attributes and page-height=0 (or
        page-width=0) is not allowed in fop.

        regards,

        christian

        _____

        --
        Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
        Engelbeekstraat 8
        B-3300 Tienen
        tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: werner.donne@...

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.

        _____

      • Eliot Kimber
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
          Werner Donné wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
          > between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

          I agree with others that an fo:block *always* produces an area and
          therefore requires that at least one page be produced by the page
          sequence that contains (it might require 2 depending on the
          initial-page-number setting of the page sequences that precede or follow it.

          Cheers,

          E.
          --
          W. Eliot Kimber