RE: [XSL-FO] Empty page-sequence

  • Christian Duschl
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
      Hi Werner,

      fop does.

      and I think, that this is correct.

      Regards,

      christianduschl@...

      _____

      From: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Werner Donné
      Sent: Dienstag, 6. September 2005 09:51
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XSL-FO] Empty page-sequence

      Hi,

      Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
      between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="name">
      <fo:flow>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>

      Werner.
      --
      Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
      Engelbeekstraat 8

      Xml
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xml+xsl&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=
      Xsl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=nQyucmzHZTFabbxIL2tPCg> xsl

      Xsl
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=Xsl-
      fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=7fohGsxJNiPAPIoKmhHyTA>

      Xsl
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl+fo&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=X
      sl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=PyLPnVoz27HmZ--HyTdjKg> fo

      Xsl-fo
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl-fo&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=X
      sl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=l2D2NGhyt78iSa_bkS8yHQ>

      Xsl
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl+tutorial&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+f
      o&w4=Xsl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=eZ-77wKwYFvwS2WUnhrvHQ> tutorial

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      on the web.

      _____

    • Werner Donné
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
        Thank you Christian,

        but is there anything in the spec that mandates this
        or has the implementation the freedom to make a choice?
        The spec says: "The fo:block formatting object generates
        one or more normal block-areas." So there is at least one
        area, which leads me to think a page should be started.
        But has the fact that the area is 0pt x 0pt any significance?

        Regards,

        Werner.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
          h wrner,

          as far as i know, this has no significance.

          the block produces at least one page.

          page-height and page-width are page-master-attributes and page-height=0 (or
          page-width=0) is not allowed in fop.

          regards,

          christian

          _____

          --
          Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
          Engelbeekstraat 8
          B-3300 Tienen
          tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: werner.donne@...

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          on the web.

          _____

        • Eliot Kimber
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
            Werner Donné wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
            > between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

            I agree with others that an fo:block *always* produces an area and
            therefore requires that at least one page be produced by the page
            sequence that contains (it might require 2 depending on the
            initial-page-number setting of the page sequences that precede or follow it.

            Cheers,

            E.
            --
            W. Eliot Kimber