Empty page-sequence

  • Werner Donné
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005

      Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
      between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="name">
      <fo:flow>
      <fo:block/>
      </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>

      Werner.
      --
      Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
      Engelbeekstraat 8
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
        Hi Werner,

        fop does.

        and I think, that this is correct.

        Regards,

        christianduschl@...

        _____

        Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
        between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

        <fo:page-sequence master-reference="name">
        <fo:flow>
        <fo:block/>
        </fo:flow>
        </fo:page-sequence>

        Werner.
        --
        Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
        Engelbeekstraat 8
        B-3300 Tienen
        tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: werner.donne@...

        Xml
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xml+xsl&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=
        Xsl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=nQyucmzHZTFabbxIL2tPCg> xsl

        Xsl
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=Xsl-
        fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=7fohGsxJNiPAPIoKmhHyTA>

        Xsl
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl+fo&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=X
        sl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=PyLPnVoz27HmZ--HyTdjKg> fo

        Xsl-fo
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl-fo&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+fo&w4=X
        sl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=l2D2NGhyt78iSa_bkS8yHQ>

        Xsl
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xsl+tutorial&w1=Xml+xsl&w2=Xsl&w3=Xsl+f
        o&w4=Xsl-fo&w5=Xsl+tutorial&c=5&s=64&.sig=eZ-77wKwYFvwS2WUnhrvHQ> tutorial

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.

        _____

      • Werner Donné
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
          Thank you Christian,

          but is there anything in the spec that mandates this
          or has the implementation the freedom to make a choice?
          The spec says: "The fo:block formatting object generates
          one or more normal block-areas." So there is at least one
          area, which leads me to think a page should be started.
          But has the fact that the area is 0pt x 0pt any significance?

          Regards,

          Werner.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
            h wrner,

            as far as i know, this has no significance.

            the block produces at least one page.

            page-height and page-width are page-master-attributes and page-height=0 (or
            page-width=0) is not allowed in fop.

            regards,

            christian

            _____

            --
            Werner Donné -- Re BVBA
            Engelbeekstraat 8
            B-3300 Tienen
            tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: werner.donne@...

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            on the web.

            _____

          • Eliot Kimber
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
              Werner Donné wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Should the following sample generate an empty page or not if it appears
              > between other page-sequences? Some processors do that, while others don't.

              I agree with others that an fo:block *always* produces an area and
              therefore requires that at least one page be produced by the page
              sequence that contains (it might require 2 depending on the
              initial-page-number setting of the page sequences that precede or follow it.

              Cheers,

              E.
              --
              W. Eliot Kimber