RE: [XSL-FO] XSL parameter

  • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2005
      Great! Thanks.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of J.Pietschmann
      Sent: August 16, 2005 5:08 PM
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] XSL parameter

      Fournier,Danny [NCR] wrote:
      > I'm using FOP and SAX.
      >
      > Here is current call:
      > fop.bat -xml x:\test.xml -xsl x:\test.xsl -pdf x:\test.pdf
      >
      > In my XML I have the following situation (xml:lang attribute):
      >
      > <purpose>
      > <name xml:lang="en">purpose1</name>
      > <name xml:lang="fr">purpose1</name>
      > </purpose>
      >
      > With that said, is it possible to call FOP and specify an XSL
      parameter?

      The FOP CLI application and the fop.bat launcher doesn't allow you
      to pass a parameter to the XSL transformation.
      You can run the XSLT separately, creating a temporary FO file which
      can then be processed by the FOP CLI. The FOP distribution contains
      a xalan.bat launcher for this purpose. You might want to create your
      own bat file combining the two steps.
      If the overhead of starting two Java processes and serializing/reparsing
      is too much for your purpose, you can create a customized Java wrapper.
      See
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#render-with-xslt
      for a start.

      J.Pietschmann