XSL parameter

  • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16 10:38 AM
      I'm using FOP and SAX.

      Here is current call:
      fop.bat -xml x:\test.xml -xsl x:\test.xsl -pdf x:\test.pdf

      In my XML I have the following situation (xml:lang attribute):

      <purpose>
      <name xml:lang="en">purpose1</name>
      <name xml:lang="fr">purpose1</name>
      </purpose>

      With that said, is it possible to call FOP and specify an XSL parameter?

      Thanks,

      Dan
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16 2:08 PM
        Fournier,Danny [NCR] wrote:
        > I'm using FOP and SAX.
        >
        > Here is current call:
        > fop.bat -xml x:\test.xml -xsl x:\test.xsl -pdf x:\test.pdf
        >
        > In my XML I have the following situation (xml:lang attribute):
        >
        > <purpose>
        > <name xml:lang="en">purpose1</name>
        > <name xml:lang="fr">purpose1</name>
        > </purpose>
        >
        > With that said, is it possible to call FOP and specify an XSL parameter?

        The FOP CLI application and the fop.bat launcher doesn't allow you
        to pass a parameter to the XSL transformation.
        You can run the XSLT separately, creating a temporary FO file which
        can then be processed by the FOP CLI. The FOP distribution contains
        a xalan.bat launcher for this purpose. You might want to create your
        own bat file combining the two steps.
        If the overhead of starting two Java processes and serializing/reparsing
        is too much for your purpose, you can create a customized Java wrapper.
        See
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#render-with-xslt
        for a start.

        J.Pietschmann
      • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17 5:00 AM
          Great! Thanks.

          > fop.bat -xml x:\test.xml -xsl x:\test.xsl -pdf x:\test.pdf
          >
          > In my XML I have the following situation (xml:lang attribute):
          >
          > <purpose>
          > <name xml:lang="en">purpose1</name>
          > <name xml:lang="fr">purpose1</name>
          > </purpose>
          >
          > With that said, is it possible to call FOP and specify an XSL
          parameter?

          The FOP CLI application and the fop.bat launcher doesn't allow you
          to pass a parameter to the XSL transformation.
          You can run the XSLT separately, creating a temporary FO file which
          can then be processed by the FOP CLI. The FOP distribution contains
          a xalan.bat launcher for this purpose. You might want to create your
          own bat file combining the two steps.
          If the overhead of starting two Java processes and serializing/reparsing
          is too much for your purpose, you can create a customized Java wrapper.
          See
          http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#render-with-xslt
          for a start.

          J.Pietschmann