Re: [XSL-FO] Table footer positioning

  • Mike Trotman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10 3:30 PM
      I use FOP 0.20.5 and XEP 4.

      When producing tables the footnotes are normally well known in advance
      and most tables have sufficient rows that there will always be enough
      flexible space
      for all footnotes to be printed at the bottom of the page.

      I agree the behaviour is not clearly defined by the spec. and obviously
      depends on
      how the processor treats table headers.
      If it processes them once and saves the output for reproducing on
      subsequent pages then
      the treatment of footnotes may be restricted to the first page.

      But I reasoned that - if subsequent pages could have different layout
      (margins etc.)
      then any formatter would have to process the headers for each page
      and would be behaving very strangely if they 'decided' that some output
      wasn't to be
      reproduced on each page.

      Mike

      --
      Datalucid Limited

      Message Scanned by ClamAV on datalucid.com