Re: [XSL-FO] XSL-FO 1.1 Last Call

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Eliot Kimber wrote:
      > Ian Tindale wrote:
      >
      >>It occurs to me that it would be "useful" (maybe?) to
      >>have a property for the list constructions that allows
      >>the stacking position to be influenced either by the
      >>list label or the list body, or automatically either
      >>(whichever is deeper), depending which you think is
      >>the priority. At the moment it seems that the stacking
      >>or positioning of the next block will always follow
      >>the list body depth. I recently (ab)used the list
      >>constructions hoping to find a way to say "stack after
      >>the depth of either the list label, or list body,
      >>whichever you find the deeper in each instance".
      >

      > You must be using a broken FO implementation. The spec is very clear
      > that all the children of fo:list-block determine its block progression
      > dimension (that is, its vertical extent):
      >

      > From 6.8.3 fo:list-item:
      >
      > "The block-progression-dimension of the content-rectangle of an area
      > generated by the fo:list-item is just large enough so that the
      > allocation-rectangles of all its child areas are contained in it."

      This test case produces identical results with XSL Formatter 3.2 and XEP
      4.1. In both cases, the block following the list-block starts after the
      deeper of the list label or body:

      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" font-size="10pt"
      font-family="sans-serif"
      line-height="120%">
      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="mypage" page-height="280mm"
      page-width="210mm">
      <fo:region-body margin-left="20mm" margin-right="20mm"
      margin-top="20mm" margin-bottom="20mm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="18mm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="18mm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="mypage">
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      <fo:block text-align="center">Test ID: list-block-01</fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
      <fo:block text-align="center">
      <fo:page-number/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>
      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" font-family="sans-serif">
      <fo:block>Before the list-block. The list block has a
      distance-between-starts of 30mm</fo:block>
      <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="30mm"
      provisional-label-separation="2mm"
      color="blue"

      <fo:list-item>
      <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
      <fo:block>Short item label</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-label>
      <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
      <fo:block>This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-body>
      </fo:list-item>
      </fo:list-block>
      <fo:block>This block immediately follows the list-block with no
      space-before</fo:block>
      <fo:block space-before="1em">Before the second list-block. The
      list block has a distance-between-starts of 10mm</fo:block>
      <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="30mm"
      provisional-label-separation="2mm"
      color="blue"

      <fo:list-item>
      <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
      <fo:block>Long item label that should be deep</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-label>
      <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
      <fo:block>This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.
      This is the list item block content.</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-body>
      </fo:list-item>
      </fo:list-block>
      <fo:block>This block immediately follows the list-block with no
      space-before</fo:block>
      </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>
      </fo:root>