Re: alternate blank pages

  • geethanandh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
      I have used the following approach for blank verso

      "Have a margin that is big, such that nothing fits on the page anymore."

      But what to do to get page numbers only for recto. (I dont want to
      count the verso for pages)

      Any help is great

      Anandh

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
        To print on only ever other page, create a page sequence alternating
        between a page geometry with a flow (that accepts your content) and a page
        geometry without a flow (so that only static content is drawn). The
        formatter will render the page with only static content and then go to the
        "next" page geometry that will have your flow.

        I've done this to create "Notes" pages by using static content of multiple
        horizontal rules with which to make lines for someone making notes. The
        formatter renders the page and then just continues the flow on the next.

        It is not possible in XSL-FO to exclude page numbers from the page sequence.

        Since your verso pages are blank and do not have any static content, and
        you don't want them included in your page count, I suggest that you render
        all of your pages in order without blanks and you use another tool with
        which to insert the blank pages. The free iText tool http://itext.sf.net
        is what I use to manipulate PDF pages that I create from XSL-FO
        engines. Since I don't know Java I use Python and Jython to call the PDF
        library and I create new PDF files with desired features using PDF files
        created by XSL-FO engines as inputs.

        I hope this helps.