alternate blank pages

  • geethanandh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
      How do i create a page layout with contents on the recto and blank
      page on the verso. Is it possible to apply page numbers only for the
      recto??

      Anandh
    • geethanandh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
        I have used the following approach for blank verso

        "Have a margin that is big, such that nothing fits on the page anymore."

        But what to do to get page numbers only for recto. (I dont want to
        count the verso for pages)

        Any help is great

        Anandh

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
          To print on only ever other page, create a page sequence alternating
          between a page geometry with a flow (that accepts your content) and a page
          geometry without a flow (so that only static content is drawn). The
          formatter will render the page with only static content and then go to the
          "next" page geometry that will have your flow.

          I've done this to create "Notes" pages by using static content of multiple
          horizontal rules with which to make lines for someone making notes. The
          formatter renders the page and then just continues the flow on the next.

          It is not possible in XSL-FO to exclude page numbers from the page sequence.

          Since your verso pages are blank and do not have any static content, and
          you don't want them included in your page count, I suggest that you render
          all of your pages in order without blanks and you use another tool with
          which to insert the blank pages. The free iText tool http://itext.sf.net
          is what I use to manipulate PDF pages that I create from XSL-FO
          engines. Since I don't know Java I use Python and Jython to call the PDF
          library and I create new PDF files with desired features using PDF files
          created by XSL-FO engines as inputs.

          I hope this helps.