Re: [XSL-FO] xml:lang

  • Mike Ferrando
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2005
      Friends,
      I found a work around using Adobe.

      http://www.engr.wisc.edu/accessibility/pdf.html

      Although, I also found that XSL Formatter says that they fully
      support and implement xml:lang.

      http://www.antennahouse.com/axf20/axf20foEN.htm

      The work around means the following:

      1. render the pdf allowing all changes (PDF options)
      2. follow the "fix it" guide at the web site
      3. Create all security settings.
      4. Save PDF.

      I have sent an e-mail to XSL Formatter support.

      I also have come to the conclusion that there are no XSL-FO renderers
      nor is there any software that creates PDFs (except Adobe), that is
      able to give a language specification in the resulting PDF. (XSL
      Formatter should do it according to their spec.)

      (Please correct me on this one.)

      Thanks,
      Mike Ferrando
      Library Technician