help with fop and tomcat apps

  • guywalk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2005
      I just installed FOP 0.20.5, I have tomcat 5.0.
      I am pretty good with xsl so I wrote an xsl stylesheet that converts my
      jsp&html files to fo and then pdf. I can convert from commandline.
      However, I do have a jsp page that displays different data
      for users, I would like users to be able to export this page in pdf as
      is and save it for their record.
      How do I go about this?

      thanks
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2005
        guywalk wrote:
        > I just installed FOP 0.20.5, I have tomcat 5.0.
        > I am pretty good with xsl so I wrote an xsl stylesheet that converts my
        > jsp&html files to fo and then pdf. I can convert from commandline.
        > However, I do have a jsp page that displays different data
        > for users, I would like users to be able to export this page in pdf as
        > is and save it for their record.
        > How do I go about this?

        It depends. There are various techniques which get an XML
        produced by a JSP through another XSL transformation.
        However, you should probably take a look at Cocoon first
        before you try to reinvent the wheel
        http://cocoon.apache.org

        J.Pietschmann
      • Victor Vishnyakov
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2005
          How about acquiring you JSP page using HTTP and passing it as an XML source
          stream to your XSL-FO workflow?

          Best Regards,
          Victor Vishnyakov
          http://xslfo-zone.com/