any tip for drawing a horizontal line with FOP?

  • zhou_jinyuan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
      Hi there,
      I was tring to draw an horizontal line to separate two region's. I used
      fo:leader element. With leader-pattern="rule", this element results in
      a horizontal line. But the line is at the botton of the rectangle this
      element produces. I tried hard to to move the line to the middle or
      reduce the height of the rectangle. Any suggestions with fo:leader or
      any other useful elmement?
      Thanks for your time,
      Jack
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        zhou_jinyuan wrote:
        > Hi there,
        > I was tring to draw an horizontal line to separate two region's. I used
        > fo:leader element. With leader-pattern="rule", this element results in
        > a horizontal line. But the line is at the botton of the rectangle this
        > element produces. I tried hard to to move the line to the middle or
        > reduce the height of the rectangle. Any suggestions with fo:leader or
        > any other useful elmement?

        Normally you would do this by specifying a border on one edge of one of
        the regions. By adjusting the padding and space on that edge you should
        be able to precisely control where the rule falls.

        If leader is the easiest way you may need to fiddle the
        alignment-baseline and/or alignment adjust. You can also do tricks with
        setting the line height to the thickness of the rule and then using
        space-before/after to position the resulting rule.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber
        Professional Services

        ekimber@...
        www.innodata-isogen.com
      • philippe.guarino
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
          Hi there,

          I have two tables with dynamics length.

          I don't want that the second one comes subdivided on two pages, when the
          first it is too long, but begin in the second second page.

          otherwise if the first in not long, I want all in one page .

          Thanks .. philippe

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
            philippe.guarino wrote:
            > Hi there,
            >
            > I have two tables with dynamics length.
            >
            > I don't want that the second one comes subdivided on two pages, when the
            > first it is too long, but begin in the second second page.
            >
            > otherwise if the first in not long, I want all in one page .

            use keep-together property on fo:table to ensure tables are not broken across
            page boundaries.