HTML -> XSL-FO converters

  • Syomkin Andrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2001
      Does anybody know any XSLT that performs HTML->XSL-FO transformation?

      P.S. Thanks to Nikolai Grigoriev [grig@...] for XSLT

      Regards, Andrew

    • Nikolai Grigoriev
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2001
        Andrew,

        > Does anybody know any XSLT that performs
        > HTML->XSL-FO transformation?

        I wonder if it is possible to do in pure XSLT at all. You have
        to parse & apply CSS selectors, style attributes, etc. - all these
        have nothing to do with XML. You will need an extra component
        to handle CSS stuff. We have done an attempt in this direction,
        and ended up with writing the whole thing in Java... Anyhow,
        the result was not satisfactory - we could not handle the vast
        repertory of techniques to abuse tables in HTML, mostly
        because our own XSLFO tool still does not implement the
        automatic table layout.

        Regards,
        Nikolai