Warning Message in FOP

  • virgul4u
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2005
      Hi,

      I have make my XSL-FO transformation and that work good but I have
      this type of warning message can you say me why?

      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
      [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 289130 greater than maximum
      specified IPD 277795
      [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
      [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 289130 greater than maximum
      specified IPD 277795
      [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!

      for table-layout=auto I don't have any table with 100% or auto for
      the width. Why this message?

      Thanks a lot for your help

      Thierry
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2005
        virgul4u wrote:

        <snip/>

        > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 289130 greater than maximum
        > specified IPD 277795

        This means that the sum of the width of all the columns is greater than the
        available width of the page. Reduce the width of one or more columns to
        resolve the problem

        <snip/>

        > for table-layout=auto I don't have any table with 100% or auto for
        > the width. Why this message?

        "auto" is the default setting for table-layout, but it is not supported by
        FOP. To get rid of warning message you must explicitly put
        table-layout="fixed" on your table elements.

        Chris
      • virgul4u
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2005
          Thanks a lot that's work great but I have always this error (two
          times):

          [INFO] area contents overflows area in line

          What does it mean? Does it slow my transformation?

          Thanks for your help!

          ++

          Thierry

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@h...>
          wrote:
          > virgul4u wrote:
          >
          > <snip/>
          >
          > > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 289130 greater than maximum
          > > specified IPD 277795
          >
          > This means that the sum of the width of all the columns is greater
          than the
          > available width of the page. Reduce the width of one or more
          columns to
          > resolve the problem
          >
          > <snip/>
          >
          > > for table-layout=auto I don't have any table with 100% or auto
          for
          > > the width. Why this message?
          >
          > "auto" is the default setting for table-layout, but it is not
          supported by
          > FOP. To get rid of warning message you must explicitly put
          > table-layout="fixed" on your table elements.
          >
          > Chris
        • Christian Duschl
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2005
            Hi Thierry,

            that means that the width of a text overflows the width of an area (propably
            a block). A part of the text will not be printed or shown.

            Regards, Christian

            _____

            wrote:
            > virgul4u wrote:
            >
            > <snip/>
            >
            > > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 289130 greater than maximum
            > > specified IPD 277795
            >
            > This means that the sum of the width of all the columns is greater
            than the
            > available width of the page. Reduce the width of one or more
            columns to
            > resolve the problem
            >
            > <snip/>
            >
            > > for table-layout=auto I don't have any table with 100% or auto
            for
            > > the width. Why this message?
            >
            > "auto" is the default setting for table-layout, but it is not
            supported by
            > FOP. To get rid of warning message you must explicitly put
            > table-layout="fixed" on your table elements.
            >
            > Chris

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • virgul4u
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2005
              Hi Christian,

              Thanks a lot I don't have seen that now it's correct:Now I have no
              more warning, error, info message

              It's great!

              ++

              Thierry

              --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Duschl"
              <christianDuschl@x> wrote:
              > Hi Thierry,
              >

              > that means that the width of a text overflows the width of an area
              (propably
              > a block). A part of the text will not be printed or shown.
              >

              > Regards, Christian
              >

              > _____

              Behalf Of