Re: [XSL-FO] How to Place a Block-Container in the Bottom of a Column

  • Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      Jeff Sese @ Asiatype wrote:

      > When I use the footnote approach, the text automatically spans the whole
      > width of the page. I want the text to be placed in the bottom of the 1st
      > column of the 1st page.

      Yes, if the body text may extend below the top of a bottom text then the
      absolutely-positioned block container will not work, for the reasons
      you've discovered.

      Unfortunately, XSL-FO does not provide a "column footnote" feature.

      However, both XSL Formatter and RenderX XEP provide column footnote
      extensions, which should let you do what you want. For FOP, I have no idea.

      Without a column footnote extension you're pretty much stuck :-(

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber