Re: [XSL-FO] Centering static inline content

  • Mike Trotman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      I don't think FOP 0.20.5 supports 'auto' leader.length - but
      leader.length.maximum='100%' should have the same effect.

      And if you have any ideas how to really center some text in the middle
      in XSLFO - let me know.
      Whatever I try to get inline text on a line with a LHS/Center/RHS layout
      the best I can get
      (using XEP) is equal amounts of space either side of the Center text
      - which doesn't necessarily center the text if the LHS and RHS texts
      have different lengths.

      Using FOP I haven't found anything yet that get's even that close.

      Mike

      Eliot Kimber wrote:

      >arianhojat2000 wrote:
      >

      >>Hello,
      >>btw thanx Mike Trotman the document('blah.aspx') for getting date
      >>info worked well.
      >>Now i am trying to align 2 pieces of info, on 1 line, at the bottom
      >>of static content like so(without putting each piece in its own
      >>block) but it does not work...
      >>

      >This is a little fo trick:
      >
      >- set text-align-last="justify" on your block
      >- put an auto-length space leader between the two parts:
      >
      ><fo:block text-align-last="justify">
      > <fo:inline>This is on the left</fo:inline>
      > <fo:leader leader-length="auto" leader-pattern="space"/>
      > <fo:inline>This is on the right</fo:inline>
      ></fo:block>
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >Eliot

    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Take a look at the following links:
        http://xslfo-zone.com/faq/xsl-fo/tables/how_to_center_table_cell_content.jsp
        http://xslfo-zone.com/examples/xsl-fo/tables/center-table-cell-content.jsp
        http://xslfo-zone.com/examples/xsl-fo/tables/align-table-center.jsp

        These examples must help you to center any content using tables.

        Best Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov
        http://xslfo-zone.com/