Re: [XSL-FO] Most Popular Tool

  • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2001
      In a message dated 17/01/01 21:30:06 GMT Standard Time, LEvensen@...
      writes:

      > Not to stop any voting (though being in the US I am voting-disabled!)

      Sorry ... :) ... you have that one wrong. If you are in the US you are
      "counting disabled". :)

      > would like to hear about experiences using RenderX vs. FOP, for example,
      FOP
      > hasn't imlemented everything yet in the FO standard, but is relying on
      > people to contribute; has RenderX gotten further, is it 'worth' the cost?

      I voted under "other" on the poll. I am experimenting with the Antenna House
      XSL Formatter. The URL is on the group Links page.

      It isn't a complete implementation but is very easy to use. At least I find
      it that way.

      It is a preview release and is free. So there isn't too much financial risk
      involved in trying it. :)

      I probably ought to say that I have no financial or other link to Antenna
      House other than as a satisfied experimenter with the preview release of
      their XSL Formatter.

      I haven't pushed it really hard yet. But it works and is free. It really is
      almost a quantum leap from using FOP to actually seeing my XSL-FO actually
      displayed live on screen.

      The help files for Antenna House XSL Formatter are limited but, so far at
      least, I have found I hardly needed them. It just worked (except for when I
      got my coding wrong).

      Andrew Watt