Re: [XSL-FO] Creating bookmarks

  • Mike Ferrando
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2005
      Dave P.,
      I couldn't understand you reply.

      Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

      Mike Ferrando
      Washington, DC

      --- Dave Pawson <DaveP@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 06:35 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
      > > Nicola,
      > > The bookmark issue really is a XSLT engine issue.
      > >
      > > Some XSL-FO processors have bookmark extensions and some don't.
      >
      > Minor bitch.
      > Bookmarks aren't in the rec.
      >
      > So implementor decisions don't really count for much till the next
      > rec.
      >
      > Please ignore vendors sales pitches Nicola.
      >
      > regards DaveP.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Messenger
    • Dave Pawson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2005
        On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
        > Dave P.,
        > I couldn't understand you reply.
        >
        > Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

        I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
        in the rec AFAIK?
        I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

        regards DaveP
      • Eliot Kimber
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2005
          Dave Pawson wrote:
          > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
          >
          >>Dave P.,
          >>I couldn't understand you reply.
          >>
          >>Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?
          >

          > I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
          > in the rec AFAIK?
          > I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

          Bookmarks are provided for in the current 1.1 working draft and most
          implementations seem to be in the process of implementing them.

          In addition, I believe all the implementations provide some sort of
          extension for generating PDF bookmarks today. I think XEP's design is
          closest to the 1.1 spec design, which lets you define a separate
          "bookmark tree" that is distinct from the main page sequence area tree.

          Cheers,

          E.
          --
          W. Eliot Kimber
          Professional Services

          ekimber@...
          www.innodata-isogen.com
        • Nicola Harlow
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
            Thanks Dave, although I do use XEP so I might have a go and see if I can
            get it to work without forking out any cash.

            I try not to feed the vendors who post (and I've had a few...)

            Nicola ;)

            Nicola Harlow
            Technical Author
            The Program Management Group plc