Re: [XSL-FO] Creating bookmarks

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2005
      On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 06:35 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
      > Nicola,
      > The bookmark issue really is a XSLT engine issue.
      >
      > Some XSL-FO processors have bookmark extensions and some don't.

      Minor bitch.
      Bookmarks aren't in the rec.

      So implementor decisions don't really count for much till the next rec.

      Please ignore vendors sales pitches Nicola.

      regards DaveP.
    • Mike Ferrando
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8, 2005
        Dave P.,
        I couldn't understand you reply.

        Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

        Mike Ferrando
        Washington, DC

        --- Dave Pawson <DaveP@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 06:35 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
        > > Nicola,
        > > The bookmark issue really is a XSLT engine issue.
        > >
        > > Some XSL-FO processors have bookmark extensions and some don't.
        >
        > Minor bitch.
        > Bookmarks aren't in the rec.
        >
        > So implementor decisions don't really count for much till the next
        > rec.
        >
        > Please ignore vendors sales pitches Nicola.
        >
        > regards DaveP.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Messenger
      • Dave Pawson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2005
          On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
          > Dave P.,
          > I couldn't understand you reply.
          >
          > Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

          I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
          in the rec AFAIK?
          I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

          regards DaveP
        • Eliot Kimber
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9, 2005
            Dave Pawson wrote:
            > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
            >
            >>Dave P.,
            >>I couldn't understand you reply.
            >>
            >>Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?
            >

            > I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
            > in the rec AFAIK?
            > I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

            Bookmarks are provided for in the current 1.1 working draft and most
            implementations seem to be in the process of implementing them.

            In addition, I believe all the implementations provide some sort of
            extension for generating PDF bookmarks today. I think XEP's design is
            closest to the 1.1 spec design, which lets you define a separate
            "bookmark tree" that is distinct from the main page sequence area tree.

            Cheers,

            E.
            --
            W. Eliot Kimber
            Professional Services

            ekimber@...
            www.innodata-isogen.com
          • Nicola Harlow
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
              Thanks Dave, although I do use XEP so I might have a go and see if I can
              get it to work without forking out any cash.

              I try not to feed the vendors who post (and I've had a few...)

              Nicola ;)

              Nicola Harlow
              Technical Author
              The Program Management Group plc