RE: [XSL-FO] Creating bookmarks

  • Nicola Harlow
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8 7:26 AM
      Thanks, I should be able to work it out from that :)

      Nicola

      Nicola Harlow
      Technical Author
      The Program Management Group plc
      tel: +44 (0) 1937 547 171
      direct: +44 (0) 1937 547 165
      fax: +44 (0) 1937 547 154
      mail: nicola.harlow@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8 1:13 PM
        On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 06:35 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
        > Nicola,
        > The bookmark issue really is a XSLT engine issue.
        >
        > Some XSL-FO processors have bookmark extensions and some don't.

        Minor bitch.
        Bookmarks aren't in the rec.

        So implementor decisions don't really count for much till the next rec.

        Please ignore vendors sales pitches Nicola.

        regards DaveP.
      • Mike Ferrando
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8 1:57 PM
          Dave P.,
          I couldn't understand you reply.

          Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

          Mike Ferrando
          Washington, DC

          --- Dave Pawson <DaveP@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 06:35 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
          > > Nicola,
          > > The bookmark issue really is a XSLT engine issue.
          > >
          > > Some XSL-FO processors have bookmark extensions and some don't.
          >
          > Minor bitch.
          > Bookmarks aren't in the rec.
          >
          > So implementor decisions don't really count for much till the next
          > rec.
          >
          > Please ignore vendors sales pitches Nicola.
          >
          > regards DaveP.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Messenger
        • Dave Pawson
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9 11:04 AM
            On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
            > Dave P.,
            > I couldn't understand you reply.
            >
            > Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?

            I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
            in the rec AFAIK?
            I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

            regards DaveP
          • Eliot Kimber
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 9 12:28 PM
              Dave Pawson wrote:
              > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 13:57 -0700, Mike Ferrando wrote:
              >
              >>Dave P.,
              >>I couldn't understand you reply.
              >>
              >>Is the "rec." anywhere close concerning these XSL-FO bookmarks?
              >

              > I took it to mean Adobe PDF bookmarks Mike, which aren't supported
              > in the rec AFAIK?
              > I believe they are supported as implementor extensions?

              Bookmarks are provided for in the current 1.1 working draft and most
              implementations seem to be in the process of implementing them.

              In addition, I believe all the implementations provide some sort of
              extension for generating PDF bookmarks today. I think XEP's design is
              closest to the 1.1 spec design, which lets you define a separate
              "bookmark tree" that is distinct from the main page sequence area tree.

              Cheers,

              E.
              --
              W. Eliot Kimber
              Professional Services

              ekimber@...
              www.innodata-isogen.com
            • Nicola Harlow
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11 2:50 AM
                Thanks Dave, although I do use XEP so I might have a go and see if I can
                get it to work without forking out any cash.

                I try not to feed the vendors who post (and I've had a few...)