Re: [XSL-FO] Error message in FOP

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
      Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

      > This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.
      >
      > Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
      > implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
      > Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
      > memory to your computer and increase swap file.

      The amount of memory available to FOP or any Java program is not necessarily
      connected to amount of memory on the machine. By default a Java program gets
      just 64 Mbytes of memory allocated. With this most FO Formatters can only
      manage the simpliest of documents before running out of memory.

      You need to tell Java to use more memory with the -Xmx option added to the
      command line call of Java. This along with suggestions on optimising the
      stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted previously.

      Chris
    • virgul4u
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
        Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
        pdf so I understand now

        With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

        Chris Bowditch wrote:
        This along with suggestions on optimising the
        > stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted
        previously.

        > Chris

        Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

        Chris you are my god!!

        ++

        Thierry
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
          virgul4u wrote:

          > Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
          > pdf so I understand now
          >
          > With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

          <snip/>

          > Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

          There are some tips on how to reduce FOP's memory consumption here:

          http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

          Chris
        • virgul4u
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
            Hi,

            That work it's great! thanks all

            I have know another probleme I wan't to make this transformation with
            a webservice .net

            so I have found a class called nfop but know I don't know where I can
            add the commutator -Xmx512m? Has anybody an idea?

            Or Can I use the fop.bat with my webservice or is it impossible?

            Thanks for your ideas

            ++

            Thierry