RE: [XSL-FO] Error message in FOP

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
      This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.

      Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
      implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
      Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
      memory to your computer and increase swap file.

      Best Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov
      http://xslfo-zone.com/

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
        Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

        > This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.
        >
        > Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
        > implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
        > Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
        > memory to your computer and increase swap file.

        The amount of memory available to FOP or any Java program is not necessarily
        connected to amount of memory on the machine. By default a Java program gets
        just 64 Mbytes of memory allocated. With this most FO Formatters can only
        manage the simpliest of documents before running out of memory.

        You need to tell Java to use more memory with the -Xmx option added to the
        command line call of Java. This along with suggestions on optimising the
        stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted previously.

        Chris
      • virgul4u
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
          Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
          pdf so I understand now

          With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

          Chris Bowditch wrote:
          This along with suggestions on optimising the
          > stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted
          previously.

          > Chris

          Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

          Chris you are my god!!

          ++

          Thierry
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
            virgul4u wrote:

            > Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
            > pdf so I understand now
            >
            > With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

            <snip/>

            > Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

            There are some tips on how to reduce FOP's memory consumption here:

            http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

            Chris
          • virgul4u
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
              Hi,

              That work it's great! thanks all

              I have know another probleme I wan't to make this transformation with
              a webservice .net

              so I have found a class called nfop but know I don't know where I can
              add the commutator -Xmx512m? Has anybody an idea?

              Or Can I use the fop.bat with my webservice or is it impossible?

              Thanks for your ideas

              ++

              Thierry