Re: [XSL-FO] Error message in FOP

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
      virgul4u wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > What is this error:
      >
      > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap Space

      This is a FAQ. See the website for a solution:

      http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

      Chris
    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
        This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.

        Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
        implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
        Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
        memory to your computer and increase swap file.

        Best Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov
        http://xslfo-zone.com/

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
          Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

          > This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.
          >
          > Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
          > implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
          > Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
          > memory to your computer and increase swap file.

          The amount of memory available to FOP or any Java program is not necessarily
          connected to amount of memory on the machine. By default a Java program gets
          just 64 Mbytes of memory allocated. With this most FO Formatters can only
          manage the simpliest of documents before running out of memory.

          You need to tell Java to use more memory with the -Xmx option added to the
          command line call of Java. This along with suggestions on optimising the
          stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted previously.

          Chris
        • virgul4u
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
            Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
            pdf so I understand now

            With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

            Chris Bowditch wrote:
            This along with suggestions on optimising the
            > stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted
            previously.

            > Chris

            Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

            Chris you are my god!!

            ++

            Thierry
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
              virgul4u wrote:

              > Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
              > pdf so I understand now
              >
              > With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

              <snip/>

              > Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

              There are some tips on how to reduce FOP's memory consumption here:

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005

                That work it's great! thanks all

                I have know another probleme I wan't to make this transformation with
                a webservice .net

                so I have found a class called nfop but know I don't know where I can
                add the commutator -Xmx512m? Has anybody an idea?

                Or Can I use the fop.bat with my webservice or is it impossible?

                Thanks for your ideas

                ++

                Thierry