Error message in FOP

  • virgul4u
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 12:52 AM

      What is this error:

      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap Space

      Is it my memory or the memory of FOP?

      Thanks for your answer

      ++

      Thierry
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 1:32 AM
        virgul4u wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > What is this error:
        >
        > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap Space

        This is a FAQ. See the website for a solution:

        http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

        Chris
      • Victor Vishnyakov
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6 2:04 AM
          This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.

          Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
          implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
          Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
          memory to your computer and increase swap file.

          Best Regards,
          Victor Vishnyakov
          http://xslfo-zone.com/

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6 2:54 AM
            Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

            > This is the FOP who ran out of your memory.
            >
            > Possible reasons are: either your stylesheet is not optimized for FOP
            > implementation limits or FOP is not conformant for your workflow.
            > Possible solutions are: optimize your stylesheet and/or add additional
            > memory to your computer and increase swap file.

            The amount of memory available to FOP or any Java program is not necessarily
            connected to amount of memory on the machine. By default a Java program gets
            just 64 Mbytes of memory allocated. With this most FO Formatters can only
            manage the simpliest of documents before running out of memory.

            You need to tell Java to use more memory with the -Xmx option added to the
            command line call of Java. This along with suggestions on optimising the
            stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted previously.

            Chris
          • virgul4u
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6 8:19 AM
              Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
              pdf so I understand now

              With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

              Chris Bowditch wrote:
              This along with suggestions on optimising the
              > stylesheet are discussed on FOP's website in the link I posted
              previously.

              > Chris

              Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

              Chris you are my god!!

              ++

              Thierry
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6 8:43 AM
                virgul4u wrote:

                > Thanks for your answer I understand I try to genenrate a 100 page
                > pdf so I understand now
                >
                > With the -Xmx512m that work !!! Thanks Chris

                <snip/>

                > Chris can you give me the link of the fop's website for optimising

                There are some tips on how to reduce FOP's memory consumption here:

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 6 11:09 PM

                  That work it's great! thanks all

                  I have know another probleme I wan't to make this transformation with
                  a webservice .net

                  so I have found a class called nfop but know I don't know where I can
                  add the commutator -Xmx512m? Has anybody an idea?

                  Or Can I use the fop.bat with my webservice or is it impossible?

                  Thanks for your ideas

                  ++

                  Thierry