Re: [XSL-FO] define duplex mode when you print

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
      virgul4u wrote:
      > I use FOP.
      >
      > I need of your knowledge in XSL-FO:
      >
      > Is it possible to define in the XSL-FO that when you print
      > automatically you print in duplex (I'm not sure about this word (I'm
      > french) but i want to say print in front and behind the page)mode?

      If you mean you have a printer which can print on both sides
      of a sheet of paper, and you want to enable this printing mode,
      then no, this hasn't anything to do with XSLFO.
      You can check your printer's manual in order to see whether you
      can make this mode a persistent default, you can try the same
      with the printer options of your operating system. If you
      use the Java printing subsystem, check the java.awt.print.PrinterJob
      class, the print method may take a PrintRequestAttributeSet parameter.
      I think you should put an appropriate
      javax.print.attribute.standard.Sides objet into the set. Check the
      JavaDoc and other possible sources, like the usual Java guru forums.
      The javax.print.* interfaces are not for the faint of heart.

      J.Pietschmann
    • virgul4u
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
        Thanks for your good answer!!!

        I have now a way to search

        ++
        Thierry

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@y...> wrote:
        > virgul4u wrote:
        > > I use FOP.
        > >
        > > I need of your knowledge in XSL-FO:
        > >
        > > Is it possible to define in the XSL-FO that when you print
        > > automatically you print in duplex (I'm not sure about this word
        (I'm
        > > french) but i want to say print in front and behind the page)
        mode?

        > If you mean you have a printer which can print on both sides
        > of a sheet of paper, and you want to enable this printing mode,
        > then no, this hasn't anything to do with XSLFO.
        > You can check your printer's manual in order to see whether you
        > can make this mode a persistent default, you can try the same
        > with the printer options of your operating system. If you
        > use the Java printing subsystem, check the
        java.awt.print.PrinterJob
        > class, the print method may take a PrintRequestAttributeSet
        parameter.
        > I think you should put an appropriate
        > javax.print.attribute.standard.Sides objet into the set. Check the
        > JavaDoc and other possible sources, like the usual Java guru
        forums.
        > The javax.print.* interfaces are not for the faint of heart.
        >
        > J.Pietschmann
      • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2005
          ya u can
          print in both the ways using print control language commands.

          virgul4u <virgul4u@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          I use FOP.

          I need of your knowledge in XSL-FO:

          Is it possible to define in the XSL-FO that when you print
          automatically you print in duplex (I'm not sure about this word (I'm
          french) but i want to say print in front and behind the page)mode?

          Thanks for your feedbacks anbd your help

          ++

          Thierry

        • virgul4u
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2005
            Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late answer!

            But
            > ya u can
            > print in both the ways using print control language commands.

            Can you be give me more information about how to achieve this?

            I don't understand very well what you would say I'm french sorry!

            Thanks for your help

            ++

            Thierry

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
            <ssivakumar_ms@y...> wrote:
            > ya u can
            > print in both the ways using print control language commands.
            >

            > virgul4u <virgul4u@y...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > I use FOP.
            >
            > I need of your knowledge in XSL-FO:
            >
            > Is it possible to define in the XSL-FO that when you print
            > automatically you print in duplex (I'm not sure about this word
            (I'm
            > french) but i want to say print in front and behind the page)mode?
            >
            > Thanks for your feedbacks anbd your help
            >
            > ++
            >
            > Thierry

            Service.