White Strip at Top of PDF

  • Umer Rashid
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
      I am using XSL Formatter to generate PDF from XML. I am trying to
      display an image on full length of the page, using the XSL code
      given below:

      <fo:block-container position="fixed" top="0" left="0"
      height="{$pageheight}px" width="{$pagewidth}px">
      <fo:block>
      <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$imagepath}')"

      scaling="non-uniform"

      content-height="{$pageheight}px" content-width="{$pagewidth}
      px" />

      </fo:block>
      </fo:block-container>

      The PDF generated has image displayed on full length of the page,
      however, it creates a thin white strip that runs across the top of
      the image. I mean, the top corner of the image does not touch the
      top corner of the page. Am I missing something? I have tried
      specifying "fo:simple-page-master margin_top=0" as well as
      "<fo:region-body margin-top="0" margin-left="0" margin-right="0"
      margin-bottom="0" />", but to no avail.

      I want to know if it is a built-in feature of XSL or XSL Formatter
      that there always remains a gap between the top corner of the page
      and the top corner of the block-container.

      Regards,
      Umer
    • tokukobayashi2002
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
        Thank you for using XSL Formatter.

        fo:external-graphic is treated as an inline object which generates
        a line area.

        The default height of line area is 1.2 * (line height).
        Please specify line-height="1.0" for the block.

        I hope it helps.

        Best regards,

        Tokushige Kobayashi

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Umer Rashid" <umer_rashid@y...> wrote:

        > I am using XSL Formatter to generate PDF from XML. I am trying to
        > display an image on full length of the page, using the XSL code
        > given below:

        > <fo:block-container position="fixed" top="0" left="0"
        > height="{$pageheight}px" width="{$pagewidth}px">
        > <fo:block>
        > <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$imagepath}')"
        >
        > scaling="non-uniform"
        >
        > content-height="{$pageheight}px" content-width="{$pagewidth}
        > px" />
        >
        > </fo:block>
        > </fo:block-container>

        > The PDF generated has image displayed on full length of the page,
        > however, it creates a thin white strip that runs across the top of
        > the image. I mean, the top corner of the image does not touch the
        > top corner of the page. Am I missing something? I have tried
        > specifying "fo:simple-page-master margin_top=0" as well as
        > "<fo:region-body margin-top="0" margin-left="0" margin-right="0"
        > margin-bottom="0" />", but to no avail.
        >
        > I want to know if it is a built-in feature of XSL or XSL Formatter
        > that there always remains a gap between the top corner of the page
        > and the top corner of the block-container.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Umer

        -- Antenna House, Inc.
        E-mail koba@...
        WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/ (Japanese)
        WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
        TEL +81-3-3234-1361 (direct call)
        FAX +81-3-3221-9975
      • tokukobayashi2002
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
          Our engineer also pointed that:

          A graphic is placed on top of a baseline, as a result
          there remains a space under the baseline.

          Please specify font-size="0", too.

          Best regards,

          Tokushige Kobayashi

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "tokukobayashi2002" <koba@a...> wrote:

          > Thank you for using XSL Formatter.
          >
          > fo:external-graphic is treated as an inline object which generates
          > a line area.
          >
          > The default height of line area is 1.2 * (line height).
          > Please specify line-height="1.0" for the block.
          >
          > I hope it helps.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Tokushige Kobayashi
          >
          > --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Umer Rashid" <umer_rashid@y...>
          wrote:

          > > I am using XSL Formatter to generate PDF from XML. I am trying to
          > > display an image on full length of the page, using the XSL code
          > > given below:

          > > <fo:block-container position="fixed" top="0" left="0"
          > > height="{$pageheight}px" width="{$pagewidth}px">
          > > <fo:block>
          > > <fo:external-graphic src="url('{$imagepath}')"
          > >
          > > scaling="non-uniform"
          > >
          > > content-height="{$pageheight}px" content-width="{$pagewidth}
          > > px" />
          > >
          > > </fo:block>
          > > </fo:block-container>

          > > The PDF generated has image displayed on full length of the page,
          > > however, it creates a thin white strip that runs across the top
          of
          > > the image. I mean, the top corner of the image does not touch the
          > > top corner of the page. Am I missing something? I have tried
          > > specifying "fo:simple-page-master margin_top=0" as well as
          > > "<fo:region-body margin-top="0" margin-left="0" margin-right="0"
          > > margin-bottom="0" />", but to no avail.
          > >
          > > I want to know if it is a built-in feature of XSL or XSL Formatter
          > > that there always remains a gap between the top corner of the page
          > > and the top corner of the block-container.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Umer

          -- Antenna House, Inc.
          E-mail koba@a...
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "tokukobayashi2002" <koba@a...> wrote:

            > Our engineer also pointed that:
            >
            > A graphic is placed on top of a baseline, as a result
            > there remains a space under the baseline.
            >
            > Please specify font-size="0", too.
            >
            > Best regards,
            >
            > Tokushige Kobayashi

            Thanks a lot for your kind help. It works now.

            Regards,
            Umer
          • Umer Rashid
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
              Thanks Tokushige Kobayashi for your help!

              I have one more question for you. What is the default DPI resolution
              of PDF generated using XSL Formatter? How can I assign it my own
              value? I have searched Online Manual of XSL Formatter and but am unable
              to found any information there.
            • tokukobayashi2002
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
                I am sorry to be late, but I can not understand what
                you mean by the DPI resolution of PDF.

                PDF file consists from commands, it is a kind of vector format.
                DPI may not be relevant.