Re: [XSL-FO] Newline Characters in XSL-FO

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
      On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 09:39 +0000, Umer Rashid wrote:

      > Is there any special way to display newline, space characters,
      > carriage returns in XSL-FO? I'm using XLS Formatter V3.2 and
      > it times the newline characters in the text written in XML,
      > which I want to display in XSL-FO file.
      >
      > Any solution to this problem?

      See Victors reply for a real how to.

      First you need to realise that the XML source document is
      (most likely) marked up semantically, not using presentational markup.

      >From that structure, you may want to apply presentational information
      based on structure, e.g. a new line at the end of a paragraph.

      Use that approach and Victors syntax and you'll solve your problem.

      HTH

      Dave Pawson
      XSLT + Docbook FAQ
      http://www.dpawson.co.uk