RE: [XSL-FO] Newline Characters in XSL-FO

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      You should use the following properties to achieve the desired result:
      7.15.7. "linefeed-treatment"
      7.15.8. "white-space-treatment"
      7.15.12. "white-space-collapse"

      Read the spec for the additional details.

      Best Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov
      http://xslfo-zone.com/

    • Dave Pawson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 09:39 +0000, Umer Rashid wrote:

        > Is there any special way to display newline, space characters,
        > carriage returns in XSL-FO? I'm using XLS Formatter V3.2 and
        > it times the newline characters in the text written in XML,
        > which I want to display in XSL-FO file.
        >
        > Any solution to this problem?

        See Victors reply for a real how to.

        First you need to realise that the XML source document is
        (most likely) marked up semantically, not using presentational markup.

        >From that structure, you may want to apply presentational information
        based on structure, e.g. a new line at the end of a paragraph.

        Use that approach and Victors syntax and you'll solve your problem.

        HTH

        Dave Pawson
        XSLT + Docbook FAQ
        http://www.dpawson.co.uk