RE: [XSL-FO] multi-column spanning (cont)

  • joshua.kuswadi@btfinancialgroup.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2001
      Hi Lee,

      Another idea, you could create a table (<fo:table>) and when defining a cell use the number-columns-spanned attribute.

      eg.
      <fo:table>
      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2"><fo:block /></fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell><fo:block /></fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell><fo:block /></fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row> </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>

      PS FOP requires that you defined the columns within a table before you start the fo:table-body element.

      Joshua

      I looked through but couldn't find an example of what I need
      most of all and that is multi-column spanning:

      -----------------------
      | |
      | |
      | |
      -----------------------
      | | |
      | | |
      | | |

      What mechanism does the above? I've seen the attribute span = " all | none |
      inherit " on fo:block
      and something about number of columns in region-body, but am still unsure
      how you would accomplish this.

      Lee

      This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.