one table on two columns on the same lines

  • virgul4u
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2005
      Hi,

      I begin with XSL-FO and I have to do a very hard things.
      My idea is that :
      I wan't to have one table separate in two on the same line
      Like this:

      Num Title Description Num Title Description
      1 Albert blabla 3 Mike blabla
      2 David blabla 4 Enrique blabla

      What is the best way to do that one table with two columns and
      inside two times my table.

      Or Can we easy do that separate this table in two part.

      After doing that I have other to do is to seperate my data in two
      for the result is like my example in top not like this:

      Num Title Description Num Title Description
      1 Albert blabla 5 Eva blabla
      2 David blabla 6 Enrique blabla
      3 Mike blabla
      4 Tony blabla

      So what is the best way to to that(in generall)?

      Thanks for all your answer

      Thierry Coita
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2005
        virgul4u wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I begin with XSL-FO and I have to do a very hard things.
        > My idea is that :
        > I wan't to have one table separate in two on the same line
        > Like this:
        >
        > Num Title Description Num Title Description
        > 1 Albert blabla 3 Mike blabla
        > 2 David blabla 4 Enrique blabla

        Have you considered using a two column layout? I suggest you create a two
        column flow, and place a 3 column table inside the flow. When the table splits
        across the column it should be balanced correctly if you place a <fo:block
        span="all"/> after the table, and you are using a Formatter that properly
        implements column balancing.

        <snip/>

        Chris
      • Coble, Ralene
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2005
          What the heck is this? I think you have my email by mistake.

          Ralene Coble
          Coordinator II
          Residency/Fellowship Programs
          Department of Radiology
          (409) 747-2849
          rcoble@...

          > I begin with XSL-FO and I have to do a very hard things.
          > My idea is that :
          > I wan't to have one table separate in two on the same line
          > Like this:
          >
          > Num Title Description Num Title Description
          > 1 Albert blabla 3 Mike blabla
          > 2 David blabla 4 Enrique blabla

          Have you considered using a two column layout? I suggest you create a
          two
          column flow, and place a 3 column table inside the flow. When the table
          splits
          across the column it should be balanced correctly if you place a
          <fo:block
          span="all"/> after the table, and you are using a Formatter that
          properly
          implements column balancing.

          <snip/>

          Chris

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • virgul4u
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2005
            Thanks for your ansswer I wan't to try if that work

            ++

            Thierry