Add FO to the output conditionally

  • cbireddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2005
      Hi!

      I have a requirement where there is XML data that needs to be
      transformed and then do a FO to render a PDF file. This XML data can
      have varying data.

      My question is based on the data the number of pages in the output
      varies. Here is the problem; I need to add tic marks for these output
      pages in a certain position based on the number of pages. I am not
      sure how I can do this in FO with out a multi-pass rendering which is
      a very expensive solution as it involves 100's of 1000's of
      documents. I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

      Before rendering know exactly how many pages the output would be and
      then add tic marks to the pdf files. And these tic marks are
      basically 2 horizontal lines on the left side of the page. But the
      location and size of the tic marks is dependent on the number of
      pages in the output.

      Thanks in advance.
      -Chak.