RE: [XSL-FO] Re: SVG and FOP

  • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 5:52 AM
      It works! Thanks for the tip!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: joeyjoejo1200 [mailto:joeykessler@...]
      Sent: February 28, 2005 3:05 PM
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XSL-FO] Re: SVG and FOP

      I'm new to the FOP scene, but getting past my novice stage with svg.
      In regards to your graphic with the "x" in it, make sure you convert
      it to line art (its just points as opposed to a graphic representation
      of the letter x in your chosen font). you can do this by right
      clicking on the offending character and selecting "create outlines",
      at this point you will loose the ability to edit it as text, but in
      your case this sounds acceptable. I hope this helps.

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Fournier,Danny [NCR]"
      <Danny.Fournier@e...> wrote:
      > I'm using Adobe Illustrator 9 to create a checkbox graphic (one
      > unchecked, one checked) to generate my PDF with. The unchecked box is
      > working fine. However, the checked box, which is the unchecked box
      with
      > an "X" in Arial font inside, isn't. I have tried saving the .svg file
      in
      > every possible option combination in AI 9 without any success. Has
      > anyone encountered problems similar to this?
      >
      > I am wondering if it's my old version of Illustrator 9 that may not
      > output the correct SVG format file for FOP.
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Dan

      Yahoo! Groups Links