SVG and FOP

  • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      I'm using Adobe Illustrator 9 to create a checkbox graphic (one
      unchecked, one checked) to generate my PDF with. The unchecked box is
      working fine. However, the checked box, which is the unchecked box with
      an "X" in Arial font inside, isn't. I have tried saving the .svg file in
      every possible option combination in AI 9 without any success. Has
      anyone encountered problems similar to this?

      I am wondering if it's my old version of Illustrator 9 that may not
      output the correct SVG format file for FOP.

      Best regards,

      Dan

    • joeyjoejo1200
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
        I'm new to the FOP scene, but getting past my novice stage with svg.
        In regards to your graphic with the "x" in it, make sure you convert
        it to line art (its just points as opposed to a graphic representation
        of the letter x in your chosen font). you can do this by right
        clicking on the offending character and selecting "create outlines",
        at this point you will loose the ability to edit it as text, but in
        your case this sounds acceptable. I hope this helps.

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Fournier,Danny [NCR]"
        <Danny.Fournier@e...> wrote:
        > I'm using Adobe Illustrator 9 to create a checkbox graphic (one
        > unchecked, one checked) to generate my PDF with. The unchecked box is
        > working fine. However, the checked box, which is the unchecked box with
        > an "X" in Arial font inside, isn't. I have tried saving the .svg file in
        > every possible option combination in AI 9 without any success. Has
        > anyone encountered problems similar to this?
        >
        > I am wondering if it's my old version of Illustrator 9 that may not
        > output the correct SVG format file for FOP.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Dan

      • Fournier,Danny [NCR]
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          It works! Thanks for the tip!

          <Danny.Fournier@e...> wrote:
          > I'm using Adobe Illustrator 9 to create a checkbox graphic (one
          > unchecked, one checked) to generate my PDF with. The unchecked box is
          > working fine. However, the checked box, which is the unchecked box
          with
          > an "X" in Arial font inside, isn't. I have tried saving the .svg file
          in
          > every possible option combination in AI 9 without any success. Has
          > anyone encountered problems similar to this?
          >
          > I am wondering if it's my old version of Illustrator 9 that may not
          > output the correct SVG format file for FOP.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Dan

          Yahoo! Groups Links