How do I group text together with nice wrapping?

  • ix_ix2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2005
      Ok, here is what I want to do.

      Titles:
      Introduction to Multimedia Concepts / Oranges 101 /
      Introduction to Computer Science /
      Introduction to Multimedia and the Internet /

      instead of

      Introduction to Multimedia Concepts / Ora
      nges 101 / Introduction to Computer Scien
      ce / Introduction to Multimedia and the I
      nternet /

      I already tried keep-together.within-line="always" with
      overflow="visible". Also I tried with wrap-option="no-wrap" to group
      each title on the same line with some success but they did not wrap
      all the titles in the page properly.

      Any ideas?
      thanks,
      Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
        At 2005-02-24 02:29 +0000, ix_ix2002 wrote:
        >Ok, here is what I want to do.
        >
        >Titles:
        >Introduction to Multimedia Concepts / Oranges 101 /
        >Introduction to Computer Science /
        >Introduction to Multimedia and the Internet /
        >
        >instead of
        >
        >Introduction to Multimedia Concepts / Ora
        >nges 101 / Introduction to Computer Scien
        >ce / Introduction to Multimedia and the I
        >nternet /
        >
        >I already tried keep-together.within-line="always" with
        >overflow="visible". Also I tried with wrap-option="no-wrap" to group
        >each title on the same line with some success but they did not wrap
        >all the titles in the page properly.

        You don't give what your input data is, or which processor you are using,
        and you don't show how you have tried to use keep-together.within-line=, so
        it is hard to advise you.

        The following works for me when using Antenna House ... you don't give any
        clues as to where you may be going wrong.

        I use this technique when creating name tents for students in the class,
        wrapping the student's full name in one <inline> and the student's location
        in another, so that if the sum of the two is too long, the line breaks
        between them, not in the middle of either.

        I hope you find this helpful.

        .................... Ken

        <root xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
        font-family="Times" font-size="18pt">

        <layout-master-set>
        <simple-page-master master-name="frame"
        page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in"
        margin-top=".5in" margin-bottom=".5in"
        margin-left=".5in" margin-right=".5in">
        <region-body region-name="frame-body"/>
        </simple-page-master>
        </layout-master-set>

        <page-sequence master-reference="frame">
        <flow flow-name="frame-body">
        <block>This is a test</block>
        <block>
        <inline keep-together.within-line="always">Introduction to
        Multimedia Concepts</inline>
        /
        <inline keep-together.within-line="always">Oranges 101</inline>
        /
        <inline keep-together.within-line="always">Introduction to
        Computer Science</inline>
        /
        <inline keep-together.within-line="always">Introduction to
        Multimedia and the Internet</inline>
        </block>
        </flow>
        </page-sequence>
        </root>

      • ix_ix2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Okay, I am using Apache FOP 0.20.5 and the inputs are:

          Unit name 1: <text input here>
          Unit name 2: <text input here>
          Unit name 3: <text input here>
          Unit name 4: <text input here>
          Unit name 5: <text input here>

          Unit number 1: <text input here>
          Unit number 2: <text input here>
          Unit number 3: <text input here>
          Unit number 4: <text input here>
          Unit number 5: <text input here>

          My code is below... for unit numbers... (this code can also apply to
          unit names which are not shown)

          <fo:block font-size="13pt" text-align="left"><fo:inline
          keep-together.within-line="always"
          overflow="hidden">#unitNumber1#</fo:inline> / <fo:inline
          keep-together.within-line="always"
          overflow="hidden">#unitNumber2#</fo:inline> / <fo:inline
          keep-together.within-line="always"
          overflow="hidden">#unitNumber3#</fo:inline> / <fo:inline
          keep-together.within-line="always"
          overflow="hidden">#unitNumber4#</fo:inline> / <fo:inline
          keep-together.within-line="always"
          overflow="hidden">#unitNumber5#</fo:inline></fo:block>

          The example (futher below) you showed me does not display in FOP as
          you described. What you described is exactly what I wanted.

          Martin