Re: [XSL-FO] Want to convert Excel file to PDF

  • Daniel Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2005
      You can use the Apache FOP Java API, see http://xml.apache.org/fop/. You
      do need to write an XSL-FO stylesheet to apply to your XML to produce the
      input to the Apache FOP driver.

      You don't need to write out an XML text file. Look at a SAXSource as an
      alternative. Create an XMLReader implementation that feeds the excel cell
      information directly into start/end elements on the ContentHandler, and
      create a SAXSource using that XMLReader. That's your document. Then you
      need an XSL-FO stylesheet. Then you perform a JAXP transform that takes
      your source, transforms it with the stylesheet, and writes the results into
      the ContentHandler of the Apache FOP driver.

      Regards,
      Daniel Parker
      http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/