RE: [XSL-FO] Want to convert Excel file to PDF

  • Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2005
      Thanks for reply,
      but my requirement is to convert excel to pdf programattically so cannot use such type of print driver,
      Waiting for any other good idea,
      Thanks,

      LuzErez <Erezluz@...> wrote:
      U can do much simpler things in order to convert Excel to pdf. Try using a
      pdf print driver ( http://www.pdf995.com )

      Best Regards

      Luz Erez
      Email: Luz@...
      Web: www.ErezSoft.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2005
        You can use the Apache FOP Java API, see http://xml.apache.org/fop/. You
        do need to write an XSL-FO stylesheet to apply to your XML to produce the
        input to the Apache FOP driver.

        You don't need to write out an XML text file. Look at a SAXSource as an
        alternative. Create an XMLReader implementation that feeds the excel cell
        information directly into start/end elements on the ContentHandler, and
        create a SAXSource using that XMLReader. That's your document. Then you
        need an XSL-FO stylesheet. Then you perform a JAXP transform that takes
        your source, transforms it with the stylesheet, and writes the results into
        the ContentHandler of the Apache FOP driver.

        Regards,
        Daniel Parker
        http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/