RE: [XSL-FO] Want to convert Excel file to PDF

  • LuzErez
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
      U can do much simpler things in order to convert Excel to pdf. Try using a
      pdf print driver ( http://www.pdf995.com )

      Best Regards

      Luz Erez
      Email: Luz@...
      Web: www.ErezSoft.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2005
        Thanks for reply,
        but my requirement is to convert excel to pdf programattically so cannot use such type of print driver,
        Waiting for any other good idea,
        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2005
          You can use the Apache FOP Java API, see http://xml.apache.org/fop/. You
          do need to write an XSL-FO stylesheet to apply to your XML to produce the
          input to the Apache FOP driver.

          You don't need to write out an XML text file. Look at a SAXSource as an
          alternative. Create an XMLReader implementation that feeds the excel cell
          information directly into start/end elements on the ContentHandler, and
          create a SAXSource using that XMLReader. That's your document. Then you
          need an XSL-FO stylesheet. Then you perform a JAXP transform that takes
          your source, transforms it with the stylesheet, and writes the results into
          the ContentHandler of the Apache FOP driver.

          Regards,
          Daniel Parker
          http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/