XSLT for transforming xsl-fo outputfile to Excel

  • procondatapcd
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
      Hi,
      I want to generate an Excel file that is similar (only data) to a
      xsl-fo output file.
      I think, interpreting and transforming the xsl-fo output file to flat
      text file with delimiters should work.
      Has anyone already such a xslt-file ?
    • LuzErez
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
        U better use DOM to read the XSL-FO ( Its a XML file - set
        xmlDoc=CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") ) and use office automation
        to write the data ...

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
          You could use Andy Kahn's JExcel API to create an Excel Document out
          of the Parsed XSL-FO file. You can download the API from this site:
          http://www.andykhan.com/. You would still need to load the Document,
          parse it, Create an Excel Workbook and add the content.

          Hope this helps.