Re: [XSL-FO] PCL rendering

  • Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2005
      "douglasoosterbaan" <douglas.oosterbaan@...> wrote on
      09/02/2005 22:09:52:

      > Does anyone know of any reputable XSL-FO implementations that
      > provide rendering in PCL format? I've been prototyping
      > with Apache FOP and it works quite well, however we've discoved
      > one thing it doesn't support that we really need. Our schedule
      > doesn't allow us the luxury of modifying the open source to
      > fit our needs, so I've been investigating whether there are
      > other implementations that provide PCL. The only other one
      > I've been able to find is Scriptura XBOS 3.1, but they don't
      > provide a lot of technical information on the website.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

      Sorry for my late response.

      As you mention, Scriptura XBOS Server 3.1 has support for PCL5 output. We
      do TrueType font embedding (with various approaches, suited for your
      needs). We support duplex printing, and number of copies setting. As
      Scriptura XBOS is written completely in Java, it supports virtually any
      platform.

      Most of our clients use PCL5 output to generate content on a server that
      needs to be printed on many small and cheap USB printers on their
      employees desks.

      For more information about Scriptura XBOS Server 3.1, you can visit
      http://www.inventivedesigners.com/scriptura If you need more technical
      information, send an email to sales@... and we can set
      up a demo for you.

      Best regards,
      -----
      Klaas Bals - CTO
      Inventive Designers
      Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
      Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
      Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
      Email: Klaas_Bals at inventivedesigners dot com

      Inventive Designers - Keep your options open...

      Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: