Re: PCL rendering

  • tokukobayashi2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2005
      Hello,

      Antenna House XSL Formatter for Windows may use Windows
      printer driver in order to print out a rendering result.

      I suppose there are many PCL printer drivers for
      Windows which can generate PCL files.

      Regards,

      Tokushige Kobayashi

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "douglasoosterbaan"
      <douglas.oosterbaan@l...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of any reputable XSL-FO implementations that
      > provide rendering in PCL format? I've been prototyping
      > with Apache FOP and it works quite well, however we've discoved
      > one thing it doesn't support that we really need. Our schedule
      > doesn't allow us the luxury of modifying the open source to
      > fit our needs, so I've been investigating whether there are
      > other implementations that provide PCL. The only other one
      > I've been able to find is Scriptura XBOS 3.1, but they don't
      > provide a lot of technical information on the website.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

      -- Antenna House, Inc.
      E-mail koba@...
      WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/ (Japanese)
      WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
      TEL +81-3-3234-1361 (direct call)
      FAX +81-3-3221-9975
    • Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2005
        "douglasoosterbaan" <douglas.oosterbaan@...> wrote on
        09/02/2005 22:09:52:

        > Does anyone know of any reputable XSL-FO implementations that
        > provide rendering in PCL format? I've been prototyping
        > with Apache FOP and it works quite well, however we've discoved
        > one thing it doesn't support that we really need. Our schedule
        > doesn't allow us the luxury of modifying the open source to
        > fit our needs, so I've been investigating whether there are
        > other implementations that provide PCL. The only other one
        > I've been able to find is Scriptura XBOS 3.1, but they don't
        > provide a lot of technical information on the website.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

        Sorry for my late response.

        As you mention, Scriptura XBOS Server 3.1 has support for PCL5 output. We
        do TrueType font embedding (with various approaches, suited for your
        needs). We support duplex printing, and number of copies setting. As
        Scriptura XBOS is written completely in Java, it supports virtually any
        platform.

        Most of our clients use PCL5 output to generate content on a server that
        needs to be printed on many small and cheap USB printers on their
        employees desks.

        For more information about Scriptura XBOS Server 3.1, you can visit
        http://www.inventivedesigners.com/scriptura If you need more technical
        information, send an email to sales@... and we can set
        up a demo for you.

        Best regards,
        -----
        Klaas Bals - CTO
        Inventive Designers
        Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
        Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
        Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
        Email: Klaas_Bals at inventivedesigners dot com

        Inventive Designers - Keep your options open...

        Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: