Pagination problem.

  • mum_guy23
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      Hi All,

      We have the following requirements. We are using renderx for
      transformation.

      Publication will be broken into volumes if the publication exceeds
      320 pages.

      The publication is printed as a series of "signatures" on a web press
      at the Office of State Publishing. A signature (sig) is 32 pages. The
      signatures are collected and bound together to create a volume.

      The following rules apply when dividing a publication into volumes:
      1. The maximum number of signatures that can be bound together
      by the equipment at OSP is 10. Therefore, the maximum number of
      pages in one volume of the publication is 320 (10 sigs * 32 pages per
      sig).

      2. The number of signatures per volume must be "balanced". That
      is, if a publication requires 26 sigs, the sigs should be split as
      equally as possible among the volumes with the first, second, and
      third volumes containing 9, 9, and 8 sigs, respectively.

      3. The very last signature of a publication may contain 16 pages.

      4. A blank page is added to the end of each volume except the
      last volume. The blank pages are included in the publication's total
      page count. A static caledar should be displayed on the end page.
      If total pages are 16 then blank pages should be inserted till 31 and
      32nd page should be a calendar.

      Any idea how to handle this pagination logic.