XSLFormatter, Fonts and W2K Server

  • jwinkle007
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hello,

      We have XSLFormatter 2.5.6 installed on a Win2K server. We have
      noticed that when we try to generate a PDF the FO file is displayed
      with the proper TrueType fonts, but when the PDF is generated another
      font has been substituted, i.e. Courier.

      We had originally thought that the problem might have been that
      XSLFormatter was installed on a different drive than the fonts, but
      I've since installed it on the C drive with the fonts. This did not
      fix the problem.

      The strange thing is I can install XSLFormatter on my laptop with
      Win2K Pro and have no problems. The PDF that's generated has the
      correct fonts. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
        You should better try here:

        Best Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov
        http://xslfo-zone.com/

      • tokukobayashi2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
          Hello,

          Windows may replace a font family when it can not find the
          specified font family in its Windows font folder.

          Did you check if there is the specifed font in XSL-FO ?

          Anyway you are recommended to send your question to
          support@....

          Best regards,

          Tokushige Kobayashi

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "jwinkle007" <jwinkle007@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > We have XSLFormatter 2.5.6 installed on a Win2K server. We have
          > noticed that when we try to generate a PDF the FO file is displayed
          > with the proper TrueType fonts, but when the PDF is generated
          another
          > font has been substituted, i.e. Courier.
          >
          > We had originally thought that the problem might have been that
          > XSLFormatter was installed on a different drive than the fonts, but
          > I've since installed it on the C drive with the fonts. This did
          not
          > fix the problem.
          >
          > The strange thing is I can install XSLFormatter on my laptop with
          > Win2K Pro and have no problems. The PDF that's generated has the
          > correct fonts. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jonathan

          -- Antenna House, Inc.
          E-mail koba@...