Re: [XSL-FO] Double Sided

  • CHRISTIE HOLLIS
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      Thanks for your reply.

      I suppose I should have mentioned I am quite new at this. What is a page
      device dictionary? Also, I am using Apache FOP, is there any PI's or
      extension funstion's that Apache FOP can use to accomplish the double sided
      print?

      Thanks

      >From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...>
      >To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] Double Sided
      >Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:38:06 +0000
      >
      >CHRISTIE HOLLIS wrote:
      >
      > > I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is
      > > there
      > > a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double
      >sided
      > > without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some
      > > sort
      > > of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain
      >pages
      > > double sided?
      >
      >Theres nothing in the XSL-FO 1.0 spec, but some FO Formatters have
      >extension
      >functions for this task. For example, RenderX's XEP has a PI that allows
      >postscript commands to be inserted directly into the page device dictionary
      >of
      >each or for the whole document.
      >
      >Chris

    • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
        Hi christie,
        Ya, there is a way to print the pcl generated by FOP without using printer properties..
        Please find attached with this e-mail the documents regarding ur issue.
        hope it will do the needful for u.
        Feel free to mail me at rajeshkumar.s@...
        regards
        rajeshkumarr.s