Re: [XSL-FO] Double Sided

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      CHRISTIE HOLLIS wrote:

      > I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is
      > there
      > a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double sided
      > without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some
      > sort
      > of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain pages
      > double sided?

      Theres nothing in the XSL-FO 1.0 spec, but some FO Formatters have extension
      functions for this task. For example, RenderX's XEP has a PI that allows
      postscript commands to be inserted directly into the page device dictionary of
      each or for the whole document.

      Chris
    • CHRISTIE HOLLIS
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        Thanks for your reply.

        I suppose I should have mentioned I am quite new at this. What is a page
        device dictionary? Also, I am using Apache FOP, is there any PI's or
        extension funstion's that Apache FOP can use to accomplish the double sided
        print?

        Thanks

        >From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...>
        >To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] Double Sided
        >Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:38:06 +0000
        >
        >CHRISTIE HOLLIS wrote:
        >
        > > I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is
        > > there
        > > a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double
        >sided
        > > without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some
        > > sort
        > > of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain
        >pages
        > > double sided?
        >
        >Theres nothing in the XSL-FO 1.0 spec, but some FO Formatters have
        >extension
        >functions for this task. For example, RenderX's XEP has a PI that allows
        >postscript commands to be inserted directly into the page device dictionary
        >of
        >each or for the whole document.
        >
        >Chris

      • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
          Hi christie,
          Ya, there is a way to print the pcl generated by FOP without using printer properties..
          Please find attached with this e-mail the documents regarding ur issue.
          hope it will do the needful for u.
          Feel free to mail me at rajeshkumar.s@...
          regards
          rajeshkumarr.s