Double Sided

  • CHRISTIE HOLLIS
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is there
      a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double sided
      without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some sort
      of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain pages
      double sided?

      Thanks, Christie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        CHRISTIE HOLLIS wrote:

        > I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is
        > there
        > a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double sided
        > without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some
        > sort
        > of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain pages
        > double sided?

        Theres nothing in the XSL-FO 1.0 spec, but some FO Formatters have extension
        functions for this task. For example, RenderX's XEP has a PI that allows
        postscript commands to be inserted directly into the page device dictionary of
        each or for the whole document.

        Chris
      • CHRISTIE HOLLIS
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
          Thanks for your reply.

          I suppose I should have mentioned I am quite new at this. What is a page
          device dictionary? Also, I am using Apache FOP, is there any PI's or
          extension funstion's that Apache FOP can use to accomplish the double sided
          print?

          Thanks

          >From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...>
          >To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] Double Sided
          >Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:38:06 +0000
          >
          >CHRISTIE HOLLIS wrote:
          >
          > > I know there is a way to format the page for double sided printing. Is
          > > there
          > > a way to interact with the printer itself to tell it to print double
          >sided
          > > without using the printer properties or the printer menu? Is there some
          > > sort
          > > of code that can be imbedded that tells the printer to print certain
          >pages
          > > double sided?
          >
          >Theres nothing in the XSL-FO 1.0 spec, but some FO Formatters have
          >extension
          >functions for this task. For example, RenderX's XEP has a PI that allows
          >postscript commands to be inserted directly into the page device dictionary
          >of
          >each or for the whole document.
          >
          >Chris

        • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
            Hi christie,
            Ya, there is a way to print the pcl generated by FOP without using printer properties..
            Please find attached with this e-mail the documents regarding ur issue.
            hope it will do the needful for u.
            Feel free to mail me at rajeshkumar.s@...
            regards
            rajeshkumarr.s